- Karim’s 10 mm Napoleonics. Small figures in large numbers, painted beautifully, plus book reviews and a great project to wargame Quatre Bras in 2015.
- MurdocK’s Marauders, specialising in excellent looking games with mini-armies of well painted figures. He is also running a Leipzig Campaign for the 2013 bicentennial.
- Napoleonic Warfare. ‘Silent’ is a relative newcomer to our wargaming bloggers, but he has already posted some great stuff. He uses 6 mm figures to full effect with huge units.
- Rafa Pardo’s Project Leipzig and associated website Wargaming with Napoleonic Miniatures are full of great and inspiring ideas for units and games, not to mention interesting videos and other links!
- Sparker’s Wargaming Blog details the wargaming ‘adventures‘ at the Hall of Heroes in Campbelltown NSW featuring large numbers of beautifully painted 28 mm figures.
- ANF Battle Reports
- Napoleonic Battles 1798–1815
- The Peninsular War 1807–14
- Napoleonic bicentennial: 2011–2015
- War of the Spanish Succession
- Great Northern War
- Austrian Succession & Seven Years' War
- American Civil War
- Other Eras
- Links: Wargames Blogs
- Links: Wargaming Clubs, Militaria plus more
- Book Reviews
- Evaluating Rules
- What's this FINS?
Tuesday, 20 November 2012
Liebster Blog Award
Spreadin’ the love
What a beaut surprise. ‘Rosbif’, the producer of that fabulous blog Monsieur le Rosbif & Johnny Frog has nominated our ANF blog for a Liebster Blog Award. Thanks Rosbif, you are most kind.
Only trouble is that I now have the enjoyable but difficult task of nominating a mere five blogs myself. Ah well, rules are rules and we all know from those veracious emails what can happen if a chain is broken... besides, this is such a great one to be part of:
1. Copy and paste the award on your blog linking it to the blogger who has given it to you.
2. Pass the award to your top 5 favourite blogs with less than 200 followers by leaving a comment on one of their posts to notify them that they have won the award and listing them on your own blog.
3. Sit back and bask in that warm fuzzy feeling that comes with knowing that you have just made someone's day!
There is no obligation to pass this on to anyone else but it is nice if you do.
Step 1 is easy, but Step 2 is the challenging one. I could easily nominate 20 without having to think too much! How to limit it to a mere five?
The limitation of 200 followers rules out some. To assist me in making a choice, I decided to select from blogs that have fewer than 100 followers and to limit my choices to those that have not already been nominated (as far as I can tell), and are in large part dedicated to Napoleonic wargaming.
That ruled out some great blogs like Rosbif’s Monsieur le Rosbif & Johnny Frog, Philippe’s Association Les Rifllemen, Ian’s Hinton Hunt Vintage Wargame Figures, Mr F’s Mr Farrow 2 U, Matt ‘Pushing Tin’s’ eponymous blog, Peter Anderson’s marvellous Blunders on the Danube, Rodger’s Rebel Barracks, Matt’s Airfix ACW Project, John de Terre Neue’s wargaming in 28 mm and sometimes smaller, ‘Little John’s’ Lead Gardens, David’s Wargames Retreat, Club Le Shakko's blog, Steves Wargames Stuff, Barry’s Redoubt and Paul Alba’s Napoleonics in Miniature**.
I then had to choose five from the remainder, so had to leave out Ken’s Napoleonic Adventures, Warren aka Michael’s Wargamerabbit, Steve’s 15 mm Madness, James’ Napoleon’s HQ, Vitor’s Batalhas Napoleonicas, Lee’s Napoleonic Therapy Project, Iannick Martin’s Clash of Empires, Joseph K's Confused Hobbyist, JJ's Marauder Moments and Martin’s Battle of Waterloo Wargame Project**.
Here are the five recipients of my Liebster Blog Award, in alphabetical order.
(** That’s not cheating too much is it?!!! Even with the taking of such licence I have a heap of others that I’d like to mention. I can but direct you to the Links to Blogs in the tab above)