(Games from the War of Austrian Succession are also included here)
Sources and some suggested reading
- Chartrand, R (1984) The French Soldier in Colonial America. Historical Arms Series 18 Museum Restoration Service, Bloomfield Ontario, Canada. 40 pp.
- Marston, D (2001) The Seven Years' War. Essential Histories 6 Osprey Publishing, Oxford, England. 95 pp.
- Fryer, MB (1986) Battlefields of Canada. Dundurn Press Limited, Toronto, Canada. 273 pp.
- Johnson, MG and Hook, R (1990) Montcalm's Army. Men-At-Arms 23 (Ed. M Windrow). Osprey Publishing, London, England. 48 pp.
- Pocock, T (1999) Battle For Empire: The Very First World War 1756-63. Michael O'Mara Books, London, UK. 272 pp.
- Windrow, M and Roffe, M (1973) Montcalm's Army. Men-At-Arms 23 (Ed. M Windrow). Osprey Publishing, London, England. 48 pp.
Third Silesian War
Battle of Leuthen 5 December 1757 by Carl Röchling (Source: Wikimedia Commons)
The European campaign of the Seven Years' War (1756–1763) . Following the War of Austrian Succession, Austria once more tried to recapture Silesia and, along with the Russians began mobilising her armies. Alert to these developments, Frederick II of Prussia pre-mobilised his own army with which he invaded Saxony in late August 1756. Already at war for dominance of North America, Britain and France sided with Prussia and Austria respectively. The Russians signed the Treaty of Versailles in January 1757, becoming the third nation in the Austrian alliance.
Links to our games of this period
First Seven Years' War game using Age of Reason rules
Battle of Reichenberg, 21st April 1757
Battle (based on) Kolin, 18th June 1757
Battle of Kolin, 18th June 1757
Battle of Leuthen, 5th December 1757
Combat at Asch, 8th May 1759
Action at Pretzsch, 29 October 1759
Battle of Maxen, 20 November 1759
Links to our games of War of Austrian Succession
The Battle of Mollwitz, 10th April 1741
Battle of Chotusitz, 17th May 1742